It’s a heating system that circulates warm water through pipes located beneath the floor – radiating heat upward and creating a feeling similar to standing in the sun on a summer’s day. Radiant floor heating will warm the interior surfaces of the room, not the air. There are no heaters, radiators or vents to work around, making it easy to place your furniture where you want it – not where your vents dictate it needs to be. It can also save you as much as 20 to 30% in energy costs! And with no fans, allergens and dust are not blown around to create health problems.
For those of you with allergies, this can be a very uncomfortable problem – one that is difficult to overcome. Radiant floor heating offers an alternative method to heating your home that takes care of all these problems in one neat package.
Why should you choose hydronic radiant floor heating?
Tired of cold feet or cold draughty rooms? We are all familiar with the inefficiencies of central forced heating systems. Hydronic radiant floor heating offers true thermal comfort while consuming less energy. Instead of simply maintaining interior temperatures within a certain range, radiant heating reduces loss of body heat by warming the interior surfaces of floors, walls, ceilings, windows and doors. The overall reduction in lower energy consumption is due to several things:
- Reduction in room temperature stratification: Radiant floor heating all but eliminates the familiar but uncomfortable situation of warm air rising to the ceiling while cool air stays at the floor level. This reduces the transfer of heat through the ceiling and upper portions of the wall. The greater the height of a room, or the taller the building, the more beneficial this feature is.
- Out of Mind, Out of Sight: Radiant floor heating systems and piping system that supplies the warm water are easily concealed and routed throughout the building. This places fewer constraints on the placement of furniture and will preserve the architectural aesthetics of rooms without compromising thermal comfort.
- Easily Zoned: Radiant Floor heating gives you control over the temperature of each room. You’ll never have the problem of finding one room boiling hot while another remains freezing cold. You’ll be able to find the perfect temperature for each room, which should lower heating bills.
- No Air Motion: In addition to distributing dust, odors and airborne viruses throughout the building, forced air systems pressurize rooms increasing air leakage and wasting energy. In radiant floor heating systems, on the other hand, air motion is virtually undetectable.
- Noise Reduction: Unlike a central forced air system, radiant floor heating systems are extremely quiet. They eliminate expansion noise, sheet metal vibration or velocity noises caused by air motion.
- Increases Boiler Efficiency: Since your comfort can be maintained at a much lower temperature, the heating load is much lighter than it is in a central forced air system. This should reduce the the load on your boiler system increasing its life span.
- Adaptable: Low temperature heat from solar collectors, geothermal heat pumps, or waste heat recovery systems can often be utilized.
Our compact and efficient brazed heat exchangers provide you with a simple way of supplying warm water to your hydronic radiant floor heating system. With the cost of electricity and gas constantly on the rise, heating your home, especially if you live in a climate that’s cold for a good part of the year, can be a very expensive proposition! Apart from the expense of such heating methods, the need for vents can make placing furniture tricky, ruining the aesthetic look of a room’s arrangement. And health-wise, forced air systems using fans that blow air around in your home also blow around dust, odors and allergens.
Brazed heat exchangers allow you to heat the radiant floor water indirectly from a central heating boiler.Advantages of the Brazed Heat Exchanger
- Brazed heat exchangers are compact and lightweight. The smaller footprint makes it easier to be installed in places where space is limited.
- They have a high turbulent flow, which reduces deposit build-up and maintenance.
- Available in plate configurations and chevron patterns to suit your needs.
- The brazed heat exchanger is ideal for hydronic systems like swimming pools, spas, radiant floor heating, domestic hot water and snow and ice melting.
- With the high flow rate of the radiant floor water going through the shell and boiler water through the tubes, low pressure drop is achievable.
- Easy selection based on radiant floor area.
- Units kept in stock for immediate delivery.